The last Patient Participation Group (PPG) meeting was on 20/4/16 and the minutes can be found here:
PPG Meeting Minutes 20th April 2016
A summary update is as follows:
1. Online note access: Patients now have access to their medical records online. You will need to register for this by clicking on "online services" link on the right of this page. The default is for diagnoses, medications, and comments on test results to be displayed. If you would like to see the content of consultations please ask reception to turn this setting on for you (frustratingly, this is not on by default). We are unable to display documents (such as hospital letters) yet due to confidentiality issues. We hope to resolve this by April 2017.
2. You can now book appointments online. See links to your right.
3. New build: still no site! Things are progressing. Thanks for signing out petition.
4. After consultation with you at this meeting, we have rejected a local proposal for telephone calls to the surgery to be managed by an independent call-handling service.
5. All patients should now have been informed of their named GP, who will process their letters and results. This does not necessarily have to be the GP you see regularly. If you do prefer to see someone who is not your named GP. Please ask reception to change your named GP to that person. We like to keep families under the same GP if possible please.
6. If you are interested in chairing the Patient Participation Group, please let the practice manager know by emailing in to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Though we try hard to remind people when they are due reviews for certain medical conditions, there is unfortunately no reliable IT system to remind patients of recurring blood tests they may need in certain cases. If you are aware that you need bloods monitoring please do put this in your diary. Ask your GP if you are not sure.